Position: General Manager
Employer: Ardmore Main Street Authority
Availability: Open until position is filled
Job Type: Full Time, 40 Hours / Week
Base Salary: $45,000 / Year—Higher Salary Negotiable Based on Experience
Insurance Available at Full Cost to Employee: Medical – Dental – Vision - Life
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Light to Moderate Evening and Weekend Work
Hours Worked on Evenings and Weekends are Compensated on Mondays Only
The General Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of Ardmore Main Street Authority, working alongside professional staff, trustees, investors, express partners, and local entities to implement the direction of the board of trustees. The GM shall understand that the primary role of AMSA is to develop the Depot District as the destination for economic vitality, entertainment, and public wellbeing for Ardmore and surrounding areas. The General Manager will implement financial controls based organization policy.
- Encourages a cooperative climate between historic core interests to investors and local public officials.
- Works with local organizations to encourage collaborations between AMSA and Depot District investors, express partners, and businesses.
Committee / Task Force Development
- Helps the committees and the committee chairs learn the mechanics of committee management.
- Provides expert advice and concise information on revitalization and the Main Street approach.
- Collaborates with committee members and committee chair as a strategist / planner.
- Assists committee members in developing action plan documents.
- Helps committee members complete their projects.
- Helps Integrate multiple committee action plans, as needed, into one plan while maintaining the expectations of service from all committee members to complete the plan.
- Coordinates fundraising campaigns, newsletter production, volunteers, communications, and financial services.
- Helps trustees coordinate fundraising projects.
- Helps the Marketing Director implement promotions, public relations, and events in the Depot District and Depot Park.
- Keeps AMSA and its goals and objectives in the public eye through speaking engagements, radio, television, personal appearances, and newspaper interviews.
Rehabilitation and Design Products
- Coordinates information in design assistance and financial incentives for building owners.
- Acts as first contact for the public on preservation issues in the Depot District.
- Assists individual tenants and property owners with physical improvements to property through professional design consultants.
- Coordinates economic design projects.
- Coordinates data collection, analysis, financial incentive programs, and other economic development activities.
- Helps members coordinate business improvement seminars and workshops.
- Helps AMSA Board Chair develop good systems of volunteer recruitment, supervision, and rewards.
- Helps develop volunteer capacity of committees by participating in recruitment efforts.
- Attends most meetings to provide technical information and professional opinions.
- Helps strategize and develop solutions.
- Works with the committee chair to assure committee reports are provided to the organization committee.
- Works with the committee chair to ensure approved events and projects are completed.
- Must be willing to achieve professional change as the course of events change over time to meet new and differing approaches to program needs.
- Must have experience to supervise employees while also working alongside the employees on their responsibilities.
- Must do clerical work required for submissions and organizational documents and other tasks as needed
- Maintains the confidence of the board by always representing the collective decisions from both board meetings and committee meetings.
- Represents the community at prominent conferences on the state and national levels.
- Understands that, at times, assignments may be requested that are not outlined in this description.
Submissions: Resume and a One Page, Single Spaced Narrative Addressing the following:
The General Manager must work with many people including government officials. media representatives, merchants, property owners, and volunteers. Please provide examples from your own experience that demonstrate your ability to work productively with others.
Please do not submit any other documents than those requested
Submit To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: GM Submission: Your Name
Submissions will only be received at this email
You will be contacted by email within two weeks of your submission regarding the decision of the organizational committee. Please do not contact the Ardmore Main Street Authority Office regarding the submission or decision process.
AMSA Organization Committee